Check for missing citations quickly and easily with originality reports
Originality reports use the power of Google Search to help students properly integrate external inspiration into their writing – while making it easy for instructors to check for potential plagiarism.
Help teachers quickly assess authenticity
- Compare student work against hundreds of billions of web pages and over 40 million books with a single click
- Highlight potential plagiarism and link to external sources within your grading interface
- Get answers quickly and avoid manually searching for web matches
Help students turn in their best work
- Enable students to check their own work for recommended citations up to three times before submitting
- Help students learn to build on outside ideas and properly incorporate them into their work
Compare student work without compromising privacy
- Educators can see student-to-student matches with your school-owned repository of past student work when you upgrade to G Suite Enterprise for Education
- Admins can add or delete files from the school repository manually
- You always own your data — it’s our responsibility to keep it more secure
Learn about access to originality reports
G Suite for Education
Instructors using Classroom and Assignments in G Suite for Education can enable up to five originality reports per class, for free.
G Suite Enterprise for Education
Instructors with G Suite Enterprise for Education licenses get unlimited originality reports and the ability to make student-to-student comparisons on your school-owned repository of past submissions. Ownership of data belongs solely to you and your students — keeping student privacy protected.
Explore resources to get up and running
Discover helpful resources to assist you with originality reports and get helpful answers to common questions on originality reports.
Originality reports overview
Learn more about originality reports for educators and students.
How to use originality reports
This tutorial shows how you and your students can use originality reports.
Originality reports help
Explore helpful answers to common questions on originality reports.
Originality reports and privacy
Learn how originality reports protect the privacy of all users, adhering to rigorous compliance standards.
Use originality reports with Classroom
Access originality reports through Classroom, a free tool that helps students and teachers organize assignments, boost collaboration, and foster better communication.
Use originality reports with Assignments
Do you have another learning management system? Access originality reports through Assignments, a free add-on application for your LMS to distribute, analyze, and grade student work.